Life is a journey, not a destination.

My adventures in the captivating world of Aden and Elmore... tribute to my friends... encounters with heroes and monsters. Welcome to Nine Lives of Irijs - the Lineage II chronicle.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Luna

It wasn’t meant to happen – we were enemies and it had been like that for generations. But sometimes fate takes strange turns.I was a vampire and you belonged to the order whose aim was to hunt down and kill all of my kind. And right now everything is over already and I’m just being sentimental…

One night when you were out on your own our paths crossed in the narrow streets of the old town; I usually walk in the shadows and move fast as a lightning but at that time I wasn’t hungry so I enjoyed the warm air and wandered around with no apparent destination. I had been walking behind you for some time before you noticed me. You turned around and looked at me, calculating if you had time to attack; I stood quietly and made no attempt to hurt you so you relaxed and took a step towards me. I told that I didn’t want to harm you and if you wanted you could join me for a walk. After all, if we didn’t feel like fighting we could take a break; the night was short so why not enjoy it while we had the chance. You thought about it, it was understandable – you had been trained to kill us. But then you reached a decision and said that you would be very happy to walk with me. So we did.
We talked a lot that night and we met again and again. You had to keep it a secret from the rest and I had to remember to feed before I met you – I knew I wasn’t that strong to stay away from your blood if I was hungry. We talked about the future and whether this feud would end some day. And then one night things took the natural course – you kissed me. I thanked god I had been feeding earlier because the smell of your skin and the warmth of your body drove me crazy. I would have wanted to get you, to have you completely for me and never let go. But I gained control over myself and kissed you back. I felt the softness of your lips and tasted your breath. I wrapped my arms around you and you did the same to me. Knowing that it was dangerous just added the excitement. You took off my clothes and I took yours. I lay down and you pushed deep inside me; I had my nails in your shoulders, my head was tilted back and my legs wrapped around your hips to get you closer to me. You pushed hard and fast and I kept asking for more – I knew the night was ending soon. It was as if you were slaying me, the only difference being that instead a stake to my heart we did it in our own way.Then the moon came out, it was full. And as it started to shine on us I felt something more powerful than just a sexual peak building in me. I felt like I could control myself no more, I knew my teeth were growing and I started to sense your heartbeat as if it was my own. I felt hunger, the worst hunger I had felt in my whole life… I wanted to get my teeth into your soft flesh and suck until I had everything. I fought this feeling hard, I tried to concentrate on the pleasure I was feeling and I tightened my muscles to make you come quicker. Finally you did... Your body was shivering and you rested on me biting my ear gently. I kissed you and stroke your face, I knew this was the last time I saw you.
I knew I had given you something that you didn’t need… I had turned you into my kind. Usually it was done by getting bitten by a vampire but I was that old and powerful already that I could turn you by making love to you during the full moon. And now I had to end it, I didn’t want you to have the kind of life I had – centuries of loneliness because this is what immortality is about; your friends die before you, your loved ones become old and die also or they get tired of living only at nights and they leave you. I had seen too much already; I had seen wars and diseases, I had seen mankind slowly destroying itself with the way they lived – poisoning the water and the air, using their knowledge and wisdom to create weapons and hurting each other. Everything was based on money and everybody could be bought and sold. I was tired of that, I wanted out of this vicious circle. And I definitely didn’t want you to have a life like mine. Your soul was too beautiful for that. So there was only one thing I could do to stop the chain reaction I had caused – I asked you to kill me.
You looked at me in shock and told me to stop talking rubbish. I took your hand, and told you to feel your pulse – there was none, the process had already begun. First you had to die and then be born again to immortal life. You still didn’t understand, or at least you didn’t want to believe. I looked deep into your eyes and took control over your mind and explained everything. I showed you the dark reality that was ahead of you from now on and you started to block me out. So I told you once again that you just have to kill me and it all will be over – by killing me you would stop the process I started in you and you would rid me of the pain I had been feeling for too long. You would wake up and keep walking in the sun and soon forget all this like a bad dream. I pleaded you to hurry up, the dawn was approaching and you were dying quickly – soon you’d come to a point of no return. You kissed me and took your sword. Your hand was steady and you looked me straight in the eyes, I tried to do my best to erase all memories from your mind. I saw your face became motionless and I knew I had succeeded – you didn’t remember me, you just did what you were trained to do. You aimed your sword at my heart and stroke. I felt a sudden pain and then my body caught fire and I ceased to exist… I was free.

No comments: